Geshmache Yid!

Welcome to our Forum. Please log in. If you have issues, please contact the adminstrator for assistance.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Geshmache Yid!

Welcome to our Forum. Please log in. If you have issues, please contact the adminstrator for assistance.

Geshmache Yid!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Geshmache Yid!

All things Jewish

4 posters

Android? Any experience with them?

Arik
    Arik
    Admin

Android? Any experience with them? - Page 2 Empty Re: Android? Any experience with them?

Post  Arik Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:22 pm

Thanks..I have a case like that but it goes underneath a hardshell covering...It's pretty slick Basketball
    I love this phone! Still figuring out everything i can do with it, so far it does just about everything but make my coffee in the morning bounce
    espear

Android? Any experience with them? - Page 2 Empty Re: Android? Any experience with them?

Post  espear Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:18 am

That sounds about right!! There are lots of great free apps out there.... I've actually never paid for an app. If you have questions, just ask!!
    Arik
    Arik
    Admin

Post  Arik Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:44 pm

would like to find some nice Jewish apps...
    espear

Post  espear Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:29 am

What kind of app? I just typed in "jewish" in the google Play store. There are lots of calendar apps, but I found a jewish calendar that I use on my gmail calendar, so I don't have a separate app for that. There are lots of books, and a couple of "streaming radio" apps. Just pay attention to what you see... there's even an app for "Witnessing to Jews" from Jews for Jesus... I gaged when I saw that. Now only if there was a Jew for Judaism app.... oh well....

Oh, try different variations of words... Jew, Judaism, Jewish. They all come up with different apps. Good luck!!
    Yehudah
    Yehudah

Post  Yehudah Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:05 pm

Here are few of the Jewish apps that I have:

AndDaaven - I think the best siddur out there
    Arutz 7 - great Israel news site
    DafYomi+
    Siddur Ashkenaz (but I like AndDaaven better)
    Simple Luach
    Smart List - going to visit Monsey? You need this....
    Smart Siddur (but I like AndDaaven better)

I have some other apps that are MUST OWNs (first off, you should root your phone and put Jellybean on it if you don't already have it):

Airdroid - to connect from your pc and manage your phone
    Asr - voice recorder
    Avast Mobile Security - security utility
    BatteryCalibration - to calibrate your battery
    Brightest Flashlight - flashlight
    CamScanner - scan stuff and create shareable PDF's
    DailyMotion - videos
    Dropbox - how I get my files from one place to another
    DrudgeReport - news hound
    Equalizer - have your music sounding the way you like it
    F-droid - the "jail break" version of play store
    Facebook - ugh
    Fancy Widgets - a very nice clock/weather widget suite
    FFL - fantasy football
    File Expert - file manager
    Fing - wireless utility
    GasBuddy - find cheap gas
    GigaFibe - not sure.. it was installed when I rooted
    Facebook Messenger (which I'm about to off)
    Navy Federal - NFCU
    Nova Launcher (which is INCREDIBLE)
    Pandora - don't use too much, but keep it because when I want to use it... it's there
    Pulse - my favorite news reader
    Simple Calendar widget
    SuperSU - super use utility for rooted phones
    Titanium Pro - best backup utility for rooted phones
    Twitter
    Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper
    Winamp Pro
    Wireless Tether
    X-Plane
    XDA
    Zooper Widget Pro (a must)
    Arik
    Arik
    Admin

Post  Arik Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:22 pm

Well so far I am loving this phone..I don;t know how to "root" it and not sure I wanna rish ruining it by doing so...still so many things I still aren't sure how to use on this thing lol.
    Yehudah
    Yehudah

Post  Yehudah Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:47 pm

It takes some phone play.... you'll get it. And as for the rooting, it's not a must, but if you are geek, it is.
    David Armstrong

Post  David Armstrong Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:33 am

Thanks for the apps list, yehudah. I don't have the phone but I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 and am learning to work with it. It is WiFi, not telephone, based. One of my problems has been trying to figure out what apps are worth loading and what should be avoided, so having a list like that is a nice starting point. So far so good, except Android is apparently not compatible with Flash Player, so a lot of my streaming video stuff I use won't work.
    Yehudah
    Yehudah

Post  Yehudah Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:46 pm

Mine works... what version of OS are you running on your tab?

Which sites that you stream from don't work?

I recently tried Dolphin browser... pretty good, might solve your problem.
    David Armstrong

Post  David Armstrong Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:01 am

It says it is powered by Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich. One of the reasons I got it was that it says it is "compatible" with Adobe Flash Player, but apparently that is different than "will use Adobe Flash Player", as when I try to download Flash I get a message that it does not work. I'd really like it to work with my SuddenLink2Go account, which is an offering by my local cable company that allows me to access streaming video and download from a number of channels through an internet connection. But when I try that it never finishes loading, the little blue bar never gets to the end to indicate it is loaded, and the video display either never starts at all or if it starts it just sits there giving me that little circling arrow. SuddenLink Customer Service said their system does not work with Android since it doesn't have Flash. I suppose I can get one of the pay programs, but the 2Go thing works so well on my regular computer and gives me everything I'd want.
    Yehudah
    Yehudah

Post  Yehudah Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:40 am

Download Adobe Air... and I think there is an update for ICS in the appstore. If not, then go to XDA-Developers.com and surf that site for it.

XDA is the place where all android development really happens....create an account, enjoy the benefits. There is an XDA app in the appstore... well worth the time to d/l.
    David Armstrong

Post  David Armstrong Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:26 pm

Thanks. I'll check it out. I'm not too tech savvy to start with, and this tablet/android thing is a whole new world, so it is going to be quite a learning curve!
    Yehudah
    Yehudah

Post  Yehudah Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:25 am

I picked up an HTC DNA in February. love this phone. recently rooted it and installed a custom ROM.
    Arik
    Arik
    Admin

Post  Arik Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 am

I have no idea what that is..a co worker just got the samsung S4 and says it's awesome

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:05 pm