Geshmache Yid!

Welcome to our Forum. Please log in. If you have issues, please contact the adminstrator for assistance.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Geshmache Yid!

Welcome to our Forum. Please log in. If you have issues, please contact the adminstrator for assistance.

Geshmache Yid!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Geshmache Yid!

All things Jewish

4 posters

Android? Any experience with them?

Arik
    Arik
    Admin

Android? Any experience with them? Empty Android? Any experience with them?

Post  Arik Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:02 pm

Anyone ever have any experience with one of these phones? they are supposed to be all the rage.
    espear

Android? Any experience with them? Empty Re: Android? Any experience with them?

Post  espear Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:07 am

I have a T-Mobile myTouch 3G.... I like the Android format, but the phone itself crashes on me. It also take from 3 to 5 minutes to boot up. The apps are really great though. I think on a different phone, it would be great.
    Arik
    Arik
    Admin

Post  Arik Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:07 am

Yeah I still have T-mobile. I have heard some things like that about the Android. I think I may have to pass.
    espear

Post  espear Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:17 am

I had a phone that crashed on me (non-smart phone) and I needed to get a phone, and quick. Unfortunately, it was 3 days past my 1-year warranty... so I opted for an andriod. I'm actually waiting (patiently, that is... for now) for T-mobile to start selling the iPhones. They are in testing now, but until T-mobile is happy with it, they are focusing on the Andriod phones. I give it another year before the demand for the iPhone for T-mobile is too great for the company to pass it up.

On the other hand, if AT&T's takes over of T-mobile (yes, it's a take-over/buyout, NOT a "merger" - T-mobile does not want AT&T to merge with them) that will work for me for getting an iPhone. I'm just praying that T-mobile will be running the customer service end of things, not AT&T.
    Yehudah
    Yehudah

Post  Yehudah Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:07 pm

Have had the iPhone 4 since it came out. Flawless.
    espear

Post  espear Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:00 am

So, I did some research. It seems that one of the reasons that T-mobile doesn't have the iphone yet is because technology isn't compatible. The type of system that T-mobile runs is a different system that AT&T and Verizon has. I'm wondering if this is also one of the reasons that T-mobile doesn't want to "merge" (a-hem, or rather, be bought out by) with AT&T. I didn't quite understand all of the tech info on it, but basically it was summed up that a T-mobile phone won't work on a Verizon system.

Either way... I did happen to see a newer andriod phone. The phone i have no runs a bit slow, but I found out that it's because my processor is slow. I can't wait until I get an upgrade, and I'll be happy with another andriod!!! (Unless the buy-out happens, then i'll go with the iphone.)
    Yehudah
    Yehudah

Post  Yehudah Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:11 pm

It isn't that T-Mobile doesn't want to merge as much as the FCC doesn't want AT&T to become a pseudo-monopoly.

As far as the differences in carriers: AT&T/T-Mobile use GSM and Sprint/VZW use CDMA, they are two different kinds of signalling protocols using different RF spectrums.

As far as phones are concerned, all Androids are pretty good, and they are basically all the same. If there were only one Android on the market, Apple would eat it's lunch. But because there are a few different kinds (Beats, etc) Apple has a little competition.

Love my IPhone, but if I had a Droid I would get the Razer.

You can't lose either way, they are all pretty good.
    Arik
    Arik
    Admin

Post  Arik Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:49 pm

Well, I got a text from T mobile today saying the merge wasn't going to happen Smile
    espear

Post  espear Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:25 am

Ooooo.... yeah!!!

Hmmm... I didn't get one. I'm a little sad now Sad

I think I'll get over it. LOL
    Yehudah
    Yehudah

Post  Yehudah Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:13 pm

espear wrote:Ooooo.... yeah!!!

Hmmm... I didn't get one. I'm a little sad now Sad

I think I'll get over it. LOL
    lol!
    Yehudah
    Yehudah

Post  Yehudah Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:54 pm

So I'm going to eat some crow here (even though it's probably not kosher).

I ditched my iphone4 for a Motorola Razr M.

I've become so disenchanted with Apple these days. The iphone5, that I wanted soooo badly, isn't enough of an upgrade to warrant a change. I just couldn't see spending another $300 or more on this phone, and it not be really, the next big thing.

So while I was in VZW being upset with Apple, I spotted the M, which had just come out. I went over and played with it and really liked it. The guy tried to sell me a Samsung III S, but it's so incredibly retardedly huge, I couldn't do it.

So I spent the $100 on the M and took it home. After the Jelly Bean update and a root job... I tell you, I'm so completely happy with this phone.

If I compare how I feel about this M to the iphone4 when I got it, it feels the same if not better.

So, while I love my iPad, I'm now an Android guy.

Hudy Recommended, Hudy Approved.
    Arik
    Arik
    Admin

Post  Arik Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:16 pm

I am looking at the I-phone 4s..thinking I am going to switch from T-Mobile to AT&T
    espear

Post  espear Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:19 am

I have a Samsung Galaxy S II and I love it.... I'm never giving up my andriod phone!!

Arik, check out the price you're going to end up paying each month for an iPhone on AT&T.... it's ridiculous compared to what you get with T-Mobile. Also, Apple has had a lot of issues with the new iPhone. You might want to hold out unless you really need a new phone.
    Arik
    Arik
    Admin

Post  Arik Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:52 am

espear wrote:I have a Samsung Galaxy S II and I love it.... I'm never giving up my andriod phone!!

Arik, check out the price you're going to end up paying each month for an iPhone on AT&T.... it's ridiculous compared to what you get with T-Mobile. Also, Apple has had a lot of issues with the new iPhone. You might want to hold out unless you really need a new phone.

The Samsung Galaxy is with Tmobile>? how does it differ from the I phone? how is the camera on it?
    espear

Post  espear Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:46 am

The Samsung that I have is with T-mobile, but you can get one on any of the major cell phone companies.

The S II has an 8 megapixel camera on the back, which, takes great photos, as long as the subject is not moving. There's another camera on the front for skyping, etc.... I don't know the pixel count on the front one though.

It's an android phone, so that's the main difference and I've gotten used to the Andriod OS. The big difference is that there's a limited amount of storage on the phone, however, you can put an micro-SD card in to add lots of storage. I have a 16gig micro-SD card that I bought from newegg.com.

The screen of the S II is significantly bigger than the iPhone, and although it's doesn't have the iPhone "retina" display, it has a great screen. I do suggest getting an impact resistant case for it. That, I got from Amazon.com for about $10.

The differences just go on and no, so this can show the technical differences.
    http://reviews.cnet.com/best-cell-phones/

Now, cnet.com has the Galaxy S III, not the II... the III is just an upgrade from the II.
    Yehudah
    Yehudah

Post  Yehudah Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:53 am

Arik wrote:
    espear wrote:I have a Samsung Galaxy S II and I love it.... I'm never giving up my andriod phone!!

The Samsung Galaxy is with Tmobile>? how does it differ from the I phone? how is the camera on it?
    I think the Galaxy is a great phone. I have the Moto RAZR M.. which I really like - great phone. Edge to edge screen, Jelly Bean, Rooted, and fast. Great camera's, and tons of applications.

It's the best $99 I've spent in a while.

BTW, all of our favorite Jewish applications are also in the Google Play store for android. Some of them aren't exactly the same, or look as pretty as the iphone versions, but they are very good.
    Arik
    Arik
    Admin

Post  Arik Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:35 am

The phone is a big thing to me..How many Mega pixels??
    I am very disappointed in the Blackberry curve..The camera is total garbage!
    Yehudah
    Yehudah

Post  Yehudah Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:41 am

Arik wrote:The phone is a big thing to me..How many Mega pixels??
    The camera is great, and the screen is pretty big (960x560) or close to it.
    Arik
    Arik
    Admin

Post  Arik Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:52 am

Yehudah wrote:

Yeha the curve only has 2 MP's and unless the lighting is PERFECT and I do mean PERFECT, the pictures are always grainy.
    Yehudah
    Yehudah

Post  Yehudah Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:04 pm

Arik wrote:
    Yehudah wrote:

Yeha the curve only has 2 MP's and unless the lighting is PERFECT and I do mean PERFECT, the pictures are always grainy.
    I think the RAZR M is 8mp on the back and 2mp on the front. Takes pretty good pictures and video.
    Arik
    Arik
    Admin

Post  Arik Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:08 pm

Is that with Verizon?
    Yehudah
    Yehudah

Post  Yehudah Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:17 pm

Arik wrote:Is that with Verizon?
    Yes, but it comes with a SIM card, so you should able to get it from any carrier.
    Arik
    Arik
    Admin

Post  Arik Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:08 am

I ended up with the Samsung Galaxy SIII

Awesome phone!
    Yehudah
    Yehudah

Post  Yehudah Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:31 pm

Arik wrote:I ended up with the Samsung Galaxy SIII

Awesome phone!

You picked a good one. I like the RAZR better, the SIII is just to freaking big for me to use.
    espear

Post  espear Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:37 am

Excellent Choice Arik!!! I love my samsung. If you haven't done so, I would get a case for it that has shock absorption, such as this one: http://www.amazon.com/T-Mobile-Samsung-Protective-Ultimate-Protection/dp/B007NCJ13A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354253721&sr=8-1&keywords=t-mobile+samsung+galaxy+s3+d30+cases

I have a case like this one for my Galaxy SII, and it's done wonderfully.... I've dropped my phone countless times, and it's like nothing happened at all!!!

Enjoy!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 pm