Geshmache Yid!

Welcome to our Forum. Please log in. If you have issues, please contact the adminstrator for assistance.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Geshmache Yid!

Welcome to our Forum. Please log in. If you have issues, please contact the adminstrator for assistance.

Geshmache Yid!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Geshmache Yid!

All things Jewish

2 posters

Well another early Birthday present.

Arik
    Arik
    Admin

Well another early Birthday present. Empty Well another early Birthday present.

Post  Arik Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:26 am

http://www.artscroll.com/Books/ksafs.html

Just got
    KLEINMAN EDITION KITZUR SHULCHAN ARUCH CODE OF JEWISH LAW 5 VOL SLIPCASED SET.

Anyone study these? I am so looking forward to studying this Smile
    Yehudah
    Yehudah

Well another early Birthday present. Empty Re: Well another early Birthday present.

Post  Yehudah Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:15 pm

Yup, good stuff. So it's the easy way to learn Shulcan Aruch... then after you are done, you can move on to Mishnayos!
    Arik
    Arik
    Admin

Well another early Birthday present. Empty Re: Well another early Birthday present.

Post  Arik Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:31 pm

Did you catch the Tractate my mom got me on facebook?
    Yehudah
    Yehudah

Post  Yehudah Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:35 pm

Brachos, right? Sweet.
    Arik
    Arik
    Admin

Post  Arik Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:41 am

Yeah., All my Talmud material is Bavli. That tractate is from Yerushlami. Thought it would make for a nice change
    Yehudah
    Yehudah

Post  Yehudah Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:58 pm

The Yirushalmi is something that we probably shouldn't study until we have completed Shas. It's harder to understand, and there aren't as many commentative resources.

My Rebbe said one time, when I was starting to study it, that I don't know enough to do that yet.

I'd say, while it's nice to look over, I'd continue with Shas and then study Yirushalmi.

Arik
    Arik
    Admin

Post  Arik Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:59 pm

You May be right but like all Artscroll books. It contains awesome commentary. Either way. I am happy to have it in my home library Very Happy
    Of course I will continue with what i normally study Wink

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:05 pm