Geshmache Yid!

Welcome to our Forum. Please log in. If you have issues, please contact the adminstrator for assistance.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Geshmache Yid!

Welcome to our Forum. Please log in. If you have issues, please contact the adminstrator for assistance.

Geshmache Yid!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Geshmache Yid!

All things Jewish

2 posters

Tuesday, October 26, 2010: Who our "Heroes" are

Yehudah
    Yehudah

Tuesday, October 26, 2010: Who our "Heroes" are Empty Tuesday, October 26, 2010: Who our "Heroes" are

Post  Yehudah Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:47 pm

I grew up catholic in a secular society. All of my heroes were either rock "stars" or athletes.

Let's look at that, it's innocuous enough. I idolized Roger Staubach, Earl Campbell, The Beatles, and a few childhood friends I had.... we all wanted to be like them.

In the secular world, we grew up with heroes who had wealth, women, and wild celebracy. These people, by and large, had no business being the heroes of the day. With exception of Roger and Earl who were pious xtians, with an awesome work ethic and quiet unassuming demeanor - most all celebrities exude hautiness, criminal drug abuse, sexual indiscretion, and absolute lack of moral fiber. Yet, we as parents put these miscreants in front of our children.

We do. We allow our children to listen to sexually and violently tempered music, sit through violent and sexual television and movies, and very rarely do we demand that they put down the xbox controller.

It's no wonder children in this secular society suck as adults, look at who raised them (not the parents, but Britney Spears).

So what can we do? We can remove or greatly reduce the visual and audio media our children partake of. We can dress them appropriately. We can READ to them. We can teach them how to have RELATIONSHIPS (presuming that the parents decided to stick around long enough to prove they work). We can teach them to be RESPONSIBLE young adults by keeping our jobs, paying our bills, and not living beyond our means.

Just remember: the disrespectful, violent, immodest, immoral, drug taking, sexually deviant, uneducated, and totally irresponsible children being raised will be the ruling class in their adulthood.

Is that what you really want?

Know what is missing that I didn't mention above? G-d. If you don't teach your children about G-d, how can they ever truly be a well rounded productive life loving human being? Don't look shocked. Where do you think secular society gets its laws from? (hint: Torah) You don't have to read very far to get the first hint, the 7 Laws of Noah clearly outline humanities first set of G-ds Law.

Raise your children with G-d in mind, teach Him to them. Then remove the outside secular (spiritually negative) influence from their lives.

Want to see it at work, and see proof? Visit ANY Orthodox Jewish community. Sit at any Orthodox Shabbos Table.
    Arik
    Arik
    Admin

Tuesday, October 26, 2010: Who our "Heroes" are Empty Re: Tuesday, October 26, 2010: Who our "Heroes" are

Post  Arik Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:21 am

I agree, unfortunately we have too many parents who raise their kids with the TV or with the game boy.
    Face it, the pill that the liberals told us was going to be the end of unwanted pregnancy hasn't worked very well. we have 3 times as many unplanned and unwanted pregnancies in this world since then. We have children having children and unfortunately they don't have very strong values, so they have nothing to pass on to their offspring but their lack of values.
    We live in a society that is all about "ME" people are taught they they should have instant gratification and everyone expects it and demands it and this is what is taught to our children every day. On TV, in the magazines, movies, in the schools, everywhere.
    Bad behavior gets rewarded in this society ( just look at Paris Hilton) who knew who she was before her sex tape came out? After that, she has instant celebrity status, her own show, etc.. Kids see this and they think that is the way to be a success.
    It is harder and harder to be a parent in this world if you want to bring your children up with strong moral values and a sense of self discipline and personal responsibility. No
    Arik
    Arik
    Admin

Tuesday, October 26, 2010: Who our "Heroes" are Empty Re: Tuesday, October 26, 2010: Who our "Heroes" are

Post  Arik Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:32 pm

Hey aren't there supposed to be one of these a week? LOL
    Yehudah
    Yehudah

Post  Yehudah Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:24 pm

it's what happens when you have soooo much going on in life... Wink

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:17 pm