Geshmache Yid!

Welcome to our Forum. Please log in. If you have issues, please contact the adminstrator for assistance.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Geshmache Yid!

Welcome to our Forum. Please log in. If you have issues, please contact the adminstrator for assistance.

Geshmache Yid!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Geshmache Yid!

All things Jewish

3 posters

dome of the rock

walker

dome of the rock Empty dome of the rock

Post  walker Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:52 am

What is your opinion about the dome of the rock. recently reading 1 & 2 Kings and 1 & 2 Chronicles, many of the Kings were punished because they didn't remove alters to foreign gods from the high places. It occurred to me that this is still going on today.

also if the messiah supposed to rebuild the Temple, and he is supposed to come from the line of David, it that literally a decedent of David? Also is someone keeping the records? Just some things I've wondered about
    Arik
    Arik
    Admin

dome of the rock Empty Re: dome of the rock

Post  Arik Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:53 pm

walker wrote:What is your opinion about the dome of the rock. recently reading 1 & 2 Kings and 1 & 2 Chronicles, many of the Kings were punished because they didn't remove alters to foreign gods from the high places. It occurred to me that this is still going on today.

also if the messiah supposed to rebuild the Temple, and he is supposed to come from the line of David, it that literally a decedent of David? Also is someone keeping the records? Just some things I've wondered about

What is your opinion about the dome of the rock. recently reading 1 & 2 Kings and 1 & 2 Chronicles, many of the Kings were punished because they didn't remove alters to foreign gods from the high places. It occurred to me that this is still going on today.

My opinion a far as what? Were they punished fairly? Do I agree they were doing wrong?

Yes Massiah is to come from the line of David and yes he will oversee the building of the Temple. Will he have his family tree and birth certificate handy along with his link to ancestry.com? I am not sure...

J/k Basketball
    walker

Post  walker Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:59 am

I didn't make my question very clear. let me try again. It is my understanding that the dome of the rock sits on the place where the Temple was. If the Temple is to be rebuild in the same place the dome of the rock cant stay there. Or can they build the Temple in another place?

to me it seems that leaving the Dome of the rock there is similar to what the Kings did by allowing the altars to foreign idols.
    Yehudah
    Yehudah

Post  Yehudah Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:44 am

walker wrote:I didn't make my question very clear. let me try again. It is my understanding that the dome of the rock sits on the place where the Temple was. If the Temple is to be rebuild in the same place the dome of the rock cant stay there. Or can they build the Temple in another place?

to me it seems that leaving the Dome of the rock there is similar to what the Kings did by allowing the altars to foreign idols.

When Moshiach comes, the "Dome of the Rock" will be obliterated, making way for the Temple. It doesn't matter what other kings have done in the past, or what the Israeli government allows today.

Moshiach has many tasks, and one is to rebuild the Temple on the Temple Mount. That will happen regardless of how many muslims and liberals don't like it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:04 am