Geshmache Yid!

Welcome to our Forum. Please log in. If you have issues, please contact the adminstrator for assistance.
Geshmache Yid!

All things Jewish

Job's friends

Arik
    Admin

Job's friends

Post  Arik on Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:14 pm

I would still like to discuss Job and exactly what his friends said wrong during their conversation. His three friends according to Hashem did not say what was right, yet the young man who was mentioned after the other three spoke was never mentioned again. Rashi interprets this to mean that Elihu said what was proper.
    However, on the surface, they all semmed to make some valid points and I am not sure specifically what they said wrong.
    Thoughts?
    Philip

Re: Job's friends

Post  Philip on Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:06 pm

I need to get a Stone Edition Artscroll Tenack and study this. study
    Yehudah

Post  Yehudah on Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:39 pm

And because of things happening all around me, I still haven't had a chance to read and discuss with my Rav. Hope to this Shabbos though.
    Arik
    Admin

Post  Arik on Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:12 pm

Nothing yet? Did Moshe write the book of Job?

Snapper2

Post  Snapper2 on Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:03 pm

It seems to me it wasnt what they said but how and why. Job was suffering and talking like a man that is suffering. Instead of just listening,comforting,and waiting on Who they believed in(G-d), his friends seemed only to talk about what they believed in. Sometimes focusing on a problem or the cause can blind you of the cure. The talk of how righteous Job was shouldnt have over shadowed the righteousness and mercy of G-d. imo

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:31 am