Geshmache Yid!

Welcome to our Forum. Please log in. If you have issues, please contact the adminstrator for assistance.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Geshmache Yid!

Welcome to our Forum. Please log in. If you have issues, please contact the adminstrator for assistance.

Geshmache Yid!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Geshmache Yid!

All things Jewish

3 posters

Lutherans to allow sexually active gays as clergy

Arik
    Arik
    Admin

Lutherans to allow sexually active gays as clergy Empty Lutherans to allow sexually active gays as clergy

Post  Arik Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:34 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090822/ap_on_re/us_lutherans_gays

Saw this on GTRI. think it would make for interesting discussion since this can be a hot topic issue
    Eliyahna
    Eliyahna

Lutherans to allow sexually active gays as clergy Empty Well...

Post  Eliyahna Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:15 am

They don't follow the Torah so I guess I expect them to ... not follow Torah lol

I'm also of the opinion that women are not meant to teach men Torah or other women for that matter... with the exception of the rules of niddah and subservience to headship.

Here's an article I posted about it: http://tinyurl.com/pfzrrv

Tell me what you think.
    Yehudah
    Yehudah

Lutherans to allow sexually active gays as clergy Empty Re: Lutherans to allow sexually active gays as clergy

Post  Yehudah Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:56 am

Eliyahna wrote:They don't follow the Torah so I guess I expect them to ... not follow Torah lol

I'm also of the opinion that women are not meant to teach men Torah or other women for that matter... with the exception of the rules of niddah and subservience to headship.

Here's an article I posted about it: http://tinyurl.com/pfzrrv

Tell me what you think.
    Women in my Orthodox community teach each other Torah every day. While we don't learn Torah from women, our wives certainly are encouraged to learn with each other.
    Eliyahna
    Eliyahna

Lutherans to allow sexually active gays as clergy Empty yes

Post  Eliyahna Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:36 am

My belief on the subject does not win me any popularity contests.
    Yehudah
    Yehudah

Lutherans to allow sexually active gays as clergy Empty Re: Lutherans to allow sexually active gays as clergy

Post  Yehudah Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:24 pm

Eliyahna wrote:My belief on the subject does not win me any popularity contests.
    LOL, I hear you.

Try to think of it like this: Jewish women are at such a higher level than Jewish men. There is so much kedushah at my table because of my wife. Jewish women are holier, and aren't required to do the same things Jewish men do because of it. Men have to be constantly reminded, and given zimonim for davening, etc...

Women need to teach and learn with each other, and they enhance their inherent kedushah when they do.

Torah teaches us that the men were the teachers, Rabbaim, performed the avodah to Hashem, etc... If the Torah taught us that women did those things, we wouldn't be having this conversation. So by Torah not teaching us these things, it is teaching us that women shouldn't be the teachers/Rabbaim, men should.

Hope I didn't muddy the water, and I hope I didn't upset you.
    Eliyahna
    Eliyahna

Lutherans to allow sexually active gays as clergy Empty Right

Post  Eliyahna Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:36 pm

Not at all. It sounds as if we both agree that the Torah should be taught to someone by the person which is in headship over them. Women are under the dominion of men which is why Adam named her.
    Yehudah
    Yehudah

Post  Yehudah Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:40 pm

Eliyahna wrote:Not at all. It sounds as if we both agree that the Torah should be taught to someone by the person which is in headship over them. Women are under the dominion of men which is why Adam named her.

Right, so my wife is in my rishus, but her level of kedushah far surpasses mine.
    Eliyahna
    Eliyahna

Lutherans to allow sexually active gays as clergy Empty kedushah

Post  Eliyahna Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:54 pm

That is a testament to your headship Smile

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:48 pm