Geshmache Yid!

Welcome to our Forum. Please log in. If you have issues, please contact the adminstrator for assistance.
Geshmache Yid!

All things Jewish

Well, the world didn't end

Arik
    Admin

Well, the world didn't end

Post  Arik on Sun May 22, 2011 1:00 pm

There was some evangelical preacher going around telling everyone the world was going to end Saturday. He had many followers who also believed him even though he made the same claim in 1994 that didn't happen.
    Personally, I think people like that should be arrested. You cannot yell "fire" in a crowded theater and likewise you should not be able to yell "doomsday" getting a lot of narrow minded people stirred up because it leads to crazy things.. People committing suicide, people killing their children, committing acts of mass murder, etc.
    It is scary to young children as well. I had a co-worker tell me his children were very upset thinking the world was going to end in catastrophe. NO class people like that should be behind bars or fined for incitement.

Just my .02 Mad

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110519/ts_afp/usreligionworldend

Re: Well, the world didn't end

Post  Yehudah on Mon May 23, 2011 7:40 pm

I was asked what I was going to be doing at 6pm on saturday when yeshka comes down and the world as we know it ends..........

So, I said, if yeshka comes down, it will still be Shabbos and he'll be davening with us... not from the amud... he's a little bit of an apikores, but he can still daven. Then, once Shabbos is over just before 9PM, we'll have a nice bon fire and sing "Bar Yokai" all night long.

She didn't get it.

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:39 am