Geshmache Yid!

Welcome to our Forum. Please log in. If you have issues, please contact the adminstrator for assistance.
Geshmache Yid!

All things Jewish

Your perspective on justice??

Earnest_lee_Cking

Your perspective on justice??

Post  Earnest_lee_Cking on Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:00 pm

Hey all...

I will spare you the gory details, but I bought a business from a guy about 8 years ago. He was supposed to work for me for two years and retire, but he got himself jammed up financially, and wanted to stick around. So I kept him on, but he fought me all the time, so I finally fired him a couple years ago. When I did, he violated our non compete agreement, and started doing business again within the territory.

It took us over a year to finally get a date with the judge after all the rigamaroll of discovery, gathering evidence, etc, and when we were about to go to court, he wanted to settle. We did, but he then immediately began breaking the agreement AGAIN. He is stealing me blind.

I have tried to have mercy, I have tried to reason with him, I have done everything I can to live at peace, but he refuses to relent. I am taking him back to court, and I want to bury this jerk. My anger is my food lately, and while I know it isn't the healthiest diet, I don't know how else to respond to someone so blatantly threatening the future of my wife and children. How would you respond?? thanks guys.
    Yehudah

Re: Your perspective on justice??

Post  Yehudah on Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:15 pm

You are within your right to protect and uphold the non-compete agreement that HE signed. Jam him.

If you were Jewish, we'd take a different tact. We'd take him to a beis din. Torah holds so much weight with the religious, and the thought of even going to a beis din is usually enough to get the other to fly right.

You are obligated to your family to provide for them. He's obligated to the agreement he signed. My opinion is to follow through with court and don't settle. Let the judge decide.

Maybe then he'll get it. Nothing like a large fine and potential jail time to help someone find clarity.

Admin

Post  Arik on Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:39 pm

How is that situation now?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:18 am