Geshmache Yid!

Welcome to our Forum. Please log in. If you have issues, please contact the adminstrator for assistance.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Geshmache Yid!

Welcome to our Forum. Please log in. If you have issues, please contact the adminstrator for assistance.

Geshmache Yid!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Geshmache Yid!

All things Jewish

3 posters

Interesting thought concerning man's early days

Arik
    Arik
    Admin

Interesting thought concerning man's early days Empty Interesting thought concerning man's early days

Post  Arik Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:50 pm

There was a show on the history channel today discussing early technologies from Egypt to easter Island to pyramids in Mexico. There were those on the show who claim it shows that possibly extra-terrestrials helped man in his early stages.
    I feel some of these things prove not ET's per se, but that in fact Elohim and his angles may well at one time or another have worked closely with man in his early development.
    For example, Elohim gave mankind after he formed him jobs to do such as have dominion over the beasts of the field (farming) And the fish of the sea ( fishing), etc..
    However, the Torah does not state exactly how He Who Created Man taught them how to do it. For example, If I created you right now and told you to go farm and to domesticate animals, you may well look at me and say "what is farm?" "How do I domesticate animals"
    Is it possible that G-d himself and his angels gave mankind somewhat of a helping hand in technology early on in the Earth's history?
    One thing that is strange is that some of the structures on Easter Island for example could not have been built with rudimentary tools of the time. Granite was cut then and cut with extreme precision.
    So then why are those people gone?
    What is the one universal rule among both the Sons of Jacob and the Sons of Noah. The very first rule is not to engage in idolatry and to recognize the one true G-d.
    Yet on Easter Island, Mexico, Egypt, there are so many images carved of idols. Is it possible that these civilizations were overthrown due to their treachery and idolatry and hence, all there technology went with it? Is it possible that had man Kept from such things, we may well be far more advanced in science and technology, had we kept faith as humans as a whole with G-d?
    Some things to think about.
    Yehudah
    Yehudah

Interesting thought concerning man's early days Empty Re: Interesting thought concerning man's early days

Post  Yehudah Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:47 pm

Interesting subject, but easy to refute: We don't believe in E.T. There is no support in Torah or all of Tanakh for E.T. in any way shape or form.

The closest we are gonna get are the giants mentioned in Beresheis.
    Arik
    Arik
    Admin

Interesting thought concerning man's early days Empty Re: Interesting thought concerning man's early days

Post  Arik Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:01 pm

Huddy, you are missing my point. what they may consider ET's we don"t consider them as such, but we do know from Torah that G-d at one time worked closely with Adam the First and it is possible all mankind at one time may have recieved help from Hashem and his angels. They also may well have been destroyed for the age old reason of Idolatry.
    Yehudah
    Yehudah

Post  Yehudah Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:24 pm

While the question stands, it is a question we can't answer. Only G-d knows why those peoples are gone.

IRT technology, it is no coincidence that we have excelled the last 100 years, leagues above the last 2000. But not only have we excelled, but our enemies as well. Why is that? Because we can't live in this world unopposed and still in galus.

When Moshiach comes, technology may as well be cancelled out. There will be no new technology while we are bringing korbanos.
    Eliyahna
    Eliyahna

Interesting thought concerning man's early days Empty Disappeared

Post  Eliyahna Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:25 am

Sometimes I wonder if these people did not disappear but they maybe assimilated in with nearby cultures. I have thought of other worlds out there but then I guess that would be impossible? What would be their Torah? Who would be their mashiach? Why wouldn't we know them by now? If they were aware of HaShem and His Torah and they were so smart with technology, they would have no doubt discovered the fact that we are following Torah and love HaShem and would then should have no problem introducing themselves and/or moving in to mix with us!

There are many mysteries about past technology but hey, we don't believe we were ever like cavemen like the goyim do. So it would figure that there was some technological discovery going on from the beginning! And of course don't forget Babel tower up to the sky! That sounds pretty advanced!

We can ask all these questions later if we remember I bet!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:05 am